Hyper-realistic and lifelike baby dolls like the ones you can buy from BANYDOLL ONLINE STORE come in different types with the most common materials being plastic, vinyl, and silicone. Reborn baby dolls are extremely popular especially amongst moms and their little daughters. For little girls, playing “mommy” to a silicone baby is a fun and entertaining experience as it offers them the ample opportunity to parent their reborn dolls just like they often see their mothers do with them or with a real baby. The more attached your little one gets to the reborn baby, the more attention the doll is likely to get. This attention comes with its own issues; from random and not-so-mysterious cuts to dirt and grime, once the doll is out of the box it won't take long before they will need to be cleaned up so they can remain in a pristine and hygienic condition for children to play with.
How to clean reborn baby dolls
While REBORN BABY DOLLS are generally made with durable material that can withstand years of play and sometimes manhandling, you still need to be extra careful when it comes to cleaning them. From harsh cleaning materials to negligent cleaning techniques, you may end up ruining the doll in a bid to clean it if you aren't too careful. Thus maintaining reborn dolls in a nice and clean condition requires special care and knowledge of how to take care of them. Here are some tips on how to clean up and take care of your doll:
Things you will need
- Mild soap or detergent
- Clean towel/washcloth
- Clean lukewarm water
- Small bowl
How to clean the reborn baby dolls
- First off, remove the doll's clothing. The clothes are usually made of regular material and as such can easily be hand washed or machine washed.
- Pour the lukewarm water into the bowl, make a solution out of the soap/detergent and the water to make the water in the bowl mildly soapy. Do not use hot water as it can damage the plastic or silicone material.
- Dip the towel or washcloth into the water, wring out the excess liquid. Using the now wet towel, wipe all over the doll's body - face, arms, legs, and the midsection. Pay extra attention to their fingers, toes and other areas with crevices, ensure you are getting off as much dirt as possible in these areas.
- Wipe as gently as possible, avoid scratching, hard scrubbing or other washing techniques that may damage the body of the reborn baby doll.
- Repeat the washing process as many times as necessary until the grime is all gone and the doll is clean and spotless.
- Rinse out the soapy residue on the doll with a wet towel dipped in normal lukewarm water (not soapy water).
- Once the doll is well rinsed, dry up its body using the dry end of the towel or another one entirely.
- At this point the doll should be clean and dry, dress up the doll in clean and dry clothes as well, your doll should look as good as new.
Additional tips for handling reborn baby dolls
Cleaning a reborn baby doll all the time was can tedious, and knowing how to handle these dolls can help you ensure that you do not have to wash them frequently.
- Certain dolls come with electrical fittings and batteries, if your reborn doll is one of such, you need to be extra cautious when cleaning it and never place the doll in water to avoid destroying the electrical parts.
- Most silicone and vinyl dolls come with hair. You can wash it with mild baby shampoo to keep the hair nice and clean. Only brush the doll's hair with a soft bristle toothbrush or a baby toothbrush.
- When the doll is not in use, you can keep it in an enclosed display case. This will shield the doll from dust that can settle and get it dirty quicker the necessary.
- Remove all accessories the doll has on before putting it away - shoes, jewelry, and clothing. This will prevent the dye from the clothing getting on the doll after a certain period of storage without use.
- Do not put away reborn baby dolls in the garage, arctic or basement. Keep it in a temperature controlled room without too hot or too cold extremes.
REBORN BABY DOLLS may not be real life baby dolls nevertheless, they should be treated and handled as cautiously as possible. Dolls are built to withstand a lot of things and with proper handling and storage techniques, they can last when longer.